Just so we’re clear: if you donate to Equality FTW this week, not only can you pick out awesome perks spanning from signed books and posters to exclusive writing from Hank Green and Maureen Johnson to A Very Potter Prequel to nerdy t-shirts and even an extra hour in the ball pit, but when you purchase any of those you’re automatically entered to win a contest for a one-of-a-kind signed Darren Criss pillow AND your donation will count twice because John Green is matching every donation.
tl;dr 1. Buy cool perk. 2. Be automatically entered in a contest. 3. Double support charity thanks to John Green.
Everything is great! Donate and a bajillion cool things will happen!
So who are the UBC Nerdfighters? According to Hernandez, a Sauder student and Vice President Marketing of the club, they can be whatever you want it to be.
Nerdfighters make the news! Props to the University of British Columbia nerdfighters for being rad.
So you’re a Nerdfighter, and it’s a fair assumption that you love books. Excellent! What better way to meet people in Nerdfighteria than to exchange beloved books? Any and every nerdfighter who is reading this is welcome to participate!
Here’s how this works.
1. Fill out this form by October 31, 2014.
2. You’ll be randomly paired up with a book swap buddy (you will not be paired up to the same person who is paired up with you).
3. You will receive your book swap buddy’s information via email. This will include their mailing address and reading tastes.
4. We highly recommend finding a book in your own collection to send (feel free to annotate!), but if you must, other alternatives for finding inexpensive used books include:
- your local used bookstore
- BetterWorldBooks (free environmentally friendly shipping, most books around $3.99)
- ThriftBooks (free shipping)
- Amazon (lots of used books for around $3.99)
- BookMooch (online bookswapping site)
- PaperBackSwap (online bookswapping site)
6. Ship your books (feel free to stay anonymous, although it might be easier to make friends if you do choose to reveal your identity eventually)
5. Come back to Twitter/Tumblr/whatever and post about your book once it arrives!
Have fun, DFTBA, and feel free to ask questions and I’ll try my best to answer :) Reblog this post to spread the word. The more people sign up, the wider variety of bookish goodness we’ll all have!