So you’re a Nerdfighter, and it’s a fair assumption that you love books. Excellent! What better way to meet people in Nerdfighteria than to exchange beloved books? Any and every nerdfighter who is reading this is welcome to participate!
Here’s how this works.
1. Fill out this form by October 31, 2014.
2. You’ll be randomly paired up with a book swap buddy (you will not be paired up to the same person who is paired up with you).
3. You will receive your book swap buddy’s information via email. This will include their mailing address and reading tastes.
4. We highly recommend finding a book in your own collection to send (feel free to annotate!), but if you must, other alternatives for finding inexpensive used books include:
6. Ship your books (feel free to stay anonymous, although it might be easier to make friends if you do choose to reveal your identity eventually)
5. Come back to Twitter/Tumblr/whatever and post about your book once it arrives!
Have fun, DFTBA, and feel free to ask questions and I’ll try my best to answer :) Reblog this post to spread the word. The more people sign up, the wider variety of bookish goodness we’ll all have!
Spring is in the air (in some parts of the world…), and that can only mean one thing: It’s time for Accio Books!
Over the years, our annual book drive has built libraries in Rwanda, the Mississippi Delta, and New York City. Members like you have collectively donated over 100,000 books.
This year, we are thrilled to announce that our primary donation recipient will be the Brightmoor Community Center in Detroit, Michigan. All of the books collected during the drive will be catalogued by our University of Michigan chapter, The Whomping Wolverines, and in September they will be given away for free to members of the Brightmoor community during an appearance of our Apparating Library at Brightmoor’s annual Back To School Rally.
You also have the option to donate locally or join up with your local chapter to see where they’re donating this year.
No matter how or where you donate books, be sure to log them for points in our annual House Cup.
Will Ravenclaw win again? Will we beat our record of 30,000 book donations from last year? Will Tom Hiddleston hear about our campaign and personally donate one thousand books?
THE GAME, DEAR WIZARDS, IS ON!
Hey nerds! Have some books lying around that could use a better home? Want to get together with other nerdfighters and make a positive impact on your community? Wanna be real cool?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, why not collect books to donate either locally or to the HPA’s Apparating Library in Detroit?
More info will be coming shortly on how nerdfighters can join magical forces with the HPA for good during this drive, but for now, get talking in your local nerdfighter groups and brainstorm up some ways that you can work together to collect books to donate, either as a collective, or as part of an HPA chapter, if there’s one near you.