Esther Day is fast approaching, and nerdfighters all around the world are gathering together to increase awesome and spread the message of love and appreciation this August 3rd. Below are some of the events that are taking place - see if there is something happening near you.
- Esther Day Meetup (August 2nd) - Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester
- Esther Day (August 2nd) - Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Esther Day Meet Up (August 3rd) - Malta
- Project Lily (August 3rd) - Sydney, Australia
- Esther Day - AZ Nerdfighter Meetup (August 3rd) - Phoenix, Arizona
- Esther Day 2014 (August 3rd) - Los Angeles, California
- Esther Day 2014 (August 3rd) - Edinburgh, Scotland
- Nerdfighter Gathering/Picnic (August 3rd) - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Esther Day Meetup (August 3rd) - Orlando, Florida
The [Esther Earl Rockin’ Charity Ball] is on Esther Day, and they’re gonna dance in [Esther’s] honor. Thousands of people dancing - ‘cause Esther, she said - and I’m quoting her tweet - “I just want to be able to reach into bodies and pull out the cancer without hurting anybody, and I want to be able to dance. And I want the gift of words.”
And she’s got it.
She can’t dance - she’s not here to dance - but every time we look around the room and we see people dancing, we see Esther. And every time somebody does something good and right and honorable, we’re doing the work that she can no longer do."
hey friends! just your fave fynf contributor ktentacles here to let you know a bunch of us will be hangin out TONIGHT (wednesday) around 8pm est for a couple hours, and y’all can tune in! we’ll be talking about esther’s book, probably the fault in our stars, etc etc. it’s a great way to meet and talk to nerdfighters about cool stuff! not sure how many contributors will be there, but probably a handful, plus all you guys - it’ll be a real party! hope to see you there!
Your friendly neighborhood FYNF contributors are thinking about hosting a liveshow to celebrate Esther’s book, and talk about all the other amazing things going on in Nerdfighteria at the moment. Who’s interested?