HEY. HEY YOU.
Did you know that the Harry Potter Alliance just recently launched their EqualityFTW campaign?
Did you know that said campaign includes a whole slew of amazing nerdfighter perks? Did you know that one of them is a John Green-penned EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT from THE PRICE OF DAWN (aka the book that Augustus gives Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars)?
It’s all true! And we need YOU to design the cover for it. So we’re holding a contest. The winner will be chosen by none other than Mr. Green himself and the design will be used for the cover of The Price of Dawn pdf (you’ll be credited in the pdf as well).
Here are some words about it:
- From now until the end of October 1st (midnight EDT), we will be accepting submissions over at our johngreenbookcovers tumblr. Make sure to follow all the directions on the submission page so we can get in touch with you if your cover is selected.
- Anyone can enter, and you may submit as many entries as you like.
- NOTE: You MUST submit your entries directly to the johngreenbookcovers submission page for them to be entered in the contest & eligible for selection. We will not be publicly posting any entries that are sent to us. We will be reblogging entries found in the #thepriceofdawn tag, but that does not mean that they are automatically entered into the running.
- You must be the creator of all the content in your design (or have the permission of the creator). Copyright infringements suck! We don’t want those!
- Try to design at a high resolution; hi-res is the best res. Dimensions of 6” x 9” with a resolution of 300dpi would be ideal.
- After sending us your submissions, feel free to upload them to your own tumblrs and tag ‘em with #thepriceofdawn. We’ll be reblogging posts we find there to the johngreenbookcovers blog all throughout the month.
- Be sure to follow johngreenbookcovers and thehpalliance on tumblr for updates throughout the contest.
- If you have a question about something that wasn’t answered here, feel free to ask us over at jgbc.
Have fun, design away, and don’t forget to snag The Price of Dawn perk if you’d like. You’re getting exclusive John Green writing, you’re giving money to charity; it’s a total win-win situation.